Churston Way Lodge takes your privacy seriously and only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We are the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect about you and we have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for monitoring our data protection compliance.
We collect and process your personal information & data in the following ways:
- On our websites when you visit or make or manage a reservation; when you use our contact forms for an enquiry.
- From your correspondence.
- If you contact us, (by phone, email, text or otherwise), we may keep a record of our correspondence with you to improve the quality of our offering and to prevent and detect fraud.
- When you register at Reception on arrival.
We may use your personal information & data in the following ways:
- To administer a booking or reservation.
- Send you emails or call you in relation to your stay.
- To contact you on departure to complete a questionnaire.
- To send you marketing & promotional emails should you choose this.
- To provide you with dietary specific meals and by collecting information regarding your dietary requirements.
Credit/Debit CardsWe use a secure website to obtain your credit/debit card information in order to process any purchases/bookings made on our site. Credit/debit card information may also be requested over the phone when a booking is being made. We will never ask you to send us this information electronically. All such information is stored on a secure system and will only be accessed when necessary to take payments as outlined in our Terms & Conditions. This data will kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil your contract with us (unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law) before being disposed securely.
Opt OutMarketing & Promotional e-mails provide a link at the end of the e-mail to unsubscribe from that service.
Please note that it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relates to your bookings or reservations.
Non-disclosure to third partiesWe do not share your data with any other company for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with agencies such the police or government organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by any applicable law.
We may share your data with banks and payment providers, to authorise and complete payments.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Retaining personal informationWe retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. If you have given us your email address, we keep this agreement but along with other required data. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Information collected by usIn running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following data:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, such as a newsletter.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Any personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form for an email submission process, but we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
- Enabling the website to remember your actions and preferences (login, language, font size and other display preferences), so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Measuring how many people are using our services, so they can be made easier to use and there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
- Analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so we can make them better. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.