Terms & ConditionsThese Terms & Conditions shall apply to all Guests and shall be incorporated into every contract between the Guest and the Guest House.
Payment of any deposit in respect of the booking shall constitute the Guest's unqualified acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
PaymentGuests will require a valid debit or credit card to secure and confirm their booking.
Payments will be taken as follows:
- Guests who have booked directly with Churston Way Lodge: Payment will be taken, using the debit/credit card details provided, 24 hours before arrival.
- Guests who have booked via a third party, for example an Online Travel Agent such as booking.com: Payment will be taken, using the debit/credit card details provided, 14 days before arrival. Where such guests have booked a stay of 6 nights or more, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the cost of the stay will be charged at the time of booking.
- Where larger bookings are taken, for example involving multiple rooms, it is at the discretion of the owners to require a non-refundable deposit to be paid at the time of booking.
CancellationGuests may cancel their bookings:
- up to and including 7 calendar days prior to the Arrival Date for bookings made directly with Churston Way Lodge and up to and including 14 calendar days for bookings made with Online Travel Agents (e.g. Booking.com). In such cases, no additional charges shall be due, and any refundable deposits will be refunded.
- In the event that the Guest cancels the booking within 7 calendar days of arrival (for direct bookings) and within 14 days of arrival for Online Travel Agents, then the full amount of the balance will be payable.
The Guest House recommends that Guests take out an appropriate insurance policy to cover any losses which they may suffer in connection with the cancellation of the booking.
Early departure by the Guest before the confirmed departure date shall be treated as a cancellation and no refund of the balance paid shall be due.
Liability of the GuestGuests are liable for, and shall indemnify the Guest House for:
The Guest House shall be entitled and authorised to deduct such amounts from the Guest's debit/credit card. Guests should notify the owners of any damage, whether accidental or deliberate, at the earliest opportunity and certainly prior to departure.
Guests must NOT bring pets, other than guide dogs, into the Guest House unless pre-arranged.
Guests must NOT bring any illegal or hazardous substances into any part of the Guest House.
Guests under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Where guests are deemed to have broken any of these rules, it is at the discretion of the owners to require guests to leave the property immediately. Under such circumstances no refund will be due and no future bookings will be accepted. Where guests have booked through a third party, for example an Online Travel Agent such as booking.com, we will notify them of the incident.
ParkingOff road car parking is provided for all our guests at no charge. Guests leave their cars in our car park at their own risk.
Arrivals and Checking InThe Guest House is open for Checking in between 3pm and 8pm. Early arrivals maybe possible by prior arrangement.
A surcharge of GBP 10 per hour applies for arrivals outside check-in hours. All requests for late arrival are subject to confirmation by the property. Arrivals after 10pm cannot be accommodated.
COVID-19Churston Way Lodge Guest House has implemented a Policy and Risk Assessment for the protection and safety of all guests and staff. This includes amending established processes, additional cleaning measures and social distancing. Although these new measures will reduce the risk of posed by Covid-19 during your stay at Churston Way Lodge Guest House, no measures can be 100% effective.
The following terms and conditions apply to our guests:
Should any of the following happen within 14 days of the guest’s intended stay, Churston Way Lodge Guest House will contact the guest immediately:
- A member of Churston Way Lodge staff or their immediate family, who live at the guest house, test positive for COVID-19
- Both members of Churston Way Lodge staff are instructed to self-isolate by Public Health England, the NHS Test and Trace team, or any other government authority, (either at a local or national level)
- A member of Churston Way Lodge staff or their immediate family, who live at the guest house, develops recognised COVID-19 symptoms
Should any of the following happen within 14 days of the guest’s intended stay, the guest will contact Churston Way Lodge Guest House immediately:
- The guest tests positive for COVID-19
- The guest is instructed to self-isolate by Public Health England, the NHS Test and Trace team, or any other government authority, (either at a local or national level)
- The guest, or any member of their household develops recognised COVID-19 symptoms
The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- New persistent cough
- Loss, or change in sense of smell and/or taste
Other symptoms include, but are not limited to, the following list:
- Fever of 38 degrees Celsius or higher (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Runny nose/sneezing (not hayfever related)
- New Dry cough and/or shortness of breath
- Extreme tiredness
- Sore/aching muscles and joints
- Sickness or diarrhoea
- Sore throat
- A recent loss of taste or loss of sense of smell
Should any of the above occur, Churston Way Lodge Guest House reserves the right to consider the contract between the guest and Churston Way Lodge Guest House to be frustrated and we will be unable to honour the booking. Guests will be able to either cancel or rebook for a later date. Any deposit paid will be refunded under such circumstances.
Under all other circumstances, the normal Terms and Conditions of booking apply.
If a guest presents themselves with symptoms of COVID-19 or are asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, the guest will be advised to check out and return home to self-isolate according to current UK Government guidance.
In the unlikely event that a guest is UNABLE to check out and their stay is extended beyond the original booking, guests will be required to cover the cost of all additional nights stayed.
Government Defined TiersFrom 2nd December 2020 areas in England will be allocated to one of 3 tiers of Covid-19 restrictions. The government has issued guidance concerning what you can and can’t do in each tier.
If you live in a Tier 3 area, the government guidance is that you should:
“avoid travelling outside of your area, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey”
Whilst these restrictions are in place we will only accept bookings from guests who live in Tier 3 areas if they have a valid reason for travelling, as defined in the government guidance.
Bookings made by guests who live in Tier 3 areas will be subject to cancellation.